Healthy lifestyle - Burn calories and arrive at work refreshed.
Raising your heart rate through exercise just 5 times per week means you are 50% less
likely to suffer from a stroke, heart disease or type 2 diabetes.
Cycling is the third most popular recreational activity in the UK. An estimated 3.1 million
people ride a bicycle each month 1. It's a low impact exercise, meaning it's easier on your
joints than running or other high-impact aerobic activities. But it still helps you get into shape.
Riding a bike for half an hour per day, 5 days a week can give you: 2
- up to a 35% lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- up to a 50% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
- up to a 50% lower risk of colon cancer
- up to a 20% lower risk of breast cancer
- a 30% lower risk of early death
- up to an 83% lower risk of osteoarthritis
- up to a 68% lower risk of hip fracture
- a 30% lower risk of falls (among older adults)
- up to a 30% lower risk of depression
- up to a 30% lower risk of dementia
Your saving calculation
|Total cost of bikes
|Salary sacrifice: (from your Gross Pay each pay period)
|Actual pay period cost: (from your pocket in each pay period)
|Total cost: (over payment term)
This value is an estimate based on the information you have provided. The value is subject to change depending on the individual parameters on your employer's scheme. For a more accurate value please ask your employer for their scheme code.
The maximum value of £1,000.00 can only be exceeded if your organisation has its own consumer credit license in place, or if they have negotiated discounts with Cycle Solutions.