Healthy lifestyle - Burn calories and arrive at work refreshed.
Raising your heart rate through exercise just 5 times per week means you are 50% less
likely to suffer from a stroke, heart disease or type 2 diabetes.
Cycling is the third most popular recreational activity in the UK. An estimated 3.1 million
people ride a bicycle each month 1. It's a low impact exercise, meaning it's easier on your
joints than running or other high-impact aerobic activities. But it still helps you get into shape.
Riding a bike for half an hour per day, 5 days a week can give you: 2
- up to a 35% lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- up to a 50% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
- up to a 50% lower risk of colon cancer
- up to a 20% lower risk of breast cancer
- a 30% lower risk of early death
- up to an 83% lower risk of osteoarthritis
- up to a 68% lower risk of hip fracture
- a 30% lower risk of falls (among older adults)
- up to a 30% lower risk of depression
- up to a 30% lower risk of dementia