The Body Shop take their cycle scheme further - from London to Paris!
Posted - September 9, 2013
A team of 23 cyclists from The Body Shop recently celebrated finishing a 240 mile bike ride from London to Paris in just three days.
The team left Croydon on the 27th of August reaching Portsmouth in the evening to take a ferry to France. Covering the remaining distance from Caen to Paris over two days, everyone completed the challenge and celebrated under the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Several of the team including Human Resources Director for the EMEA Zone Alex Snelling rode bikes obtained through Cycle Solutions who partner with The Body Shop to provide this benefit.
Cycle Solutions also generously provided a raffle prize supporting the London to Paris ride which helped boost the total fundraising from the ride considerably. Alex smashed his fundraising target ensuring that The Body Shop’s charity partner, AFRUCA, benefits from over £2,000 of funding from his ride alone.
Alex commented “Steve and the team at Cycle Solutions have been incredibly supportive of our charity ride, not only providing an amazing prize but also making sure several colleagues had their Cycle Scheme bikes delivered in good condition in time to take part in the challenge”. The Body Shop has partnered with Cycle Solutions for several years now to provide bikes to employees, which supports the company’s value of Protecting the Planet through encouraging sustainable commuting.
Alex said “Cycle Solutions provide a flexible, helpful and efficient service to everyone from The Body Shop who opts to take advantage of the Cycle Scheme they provide. They are a valued partner for us in ensuring we offer employees the choice to commute in a healthier, more sustainable manner”
- The cycle to work scheme was launched by the UK Government in 1999 as a way of encouraging more of the UK’s workforce to take up cycling and active travel for the daily commute.
- Bicycles and safety equipment can be provided through the scheme.
- Employees save as much as 48% through salary sacrifice arrangements.
- By giving up a proportion of their gross salary, employees save the income tax and national insurance contributions that they would have otherwise been required to make.
- Employers save on their own employers national insurance contributions (typically 13.8% of the value of bicycles and equipment supplied to employees).
- Cycle Solutions has been providing cycle to work schemes for employers across the UK since 2005.
- Cycle Solutions provides a fully managed service for employers with support given for marketing and promoting the scheme to employees, as well as management and fulfilment of all orders placed.
- Current clients include Bentley Motors, EDF Energy, London Fire Brigade and The Body Shop.
For further details please contact:
Phone 0330 100 2480
Mobile 07813 293112